Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sand, dirty water, and excessive heat and I wasn't even at the beach!

I went to the gym today and decided to swim since it was hot outside. I should have known better. I put my foot in the water and began my descent down the stairs. Something gritty crunched under my foot. What the hell was that?, I thought. A look down told me it was a pile of sand, which was weird because there is no sand at the gym. I made my way in further and swam under the ropes to the farthest lane. I pulled on my training fins, grabbed my board, and looked down. Three more piles of sand. Huh? I kicked down to the deep end and stopped to adjust my right fin. I looked down. More sand. This is the same gym that wants to start charging an annual fee of $50 per couple. Dudes, you can't even maintain the friggin' pool! I ignored the sand, kept my feet off the bottom, and finished my swim. After a nice, long, mildewy shower under a trickling faucet (hence the long shower to rinse the shampoo out of my hair - I didn't even attempt conditioner), I dressed and went upstairs for my scheduled massage. In a sauna. Oh yes, it was so hot in there I could barely breathe. There was a fan circulating air, but no air conditioner. Because it's been broken. All damn summer. But I keep hearing promises of relief and supposedly parts have been ordered and bids taken, and BLAH BLAH BLAH! If you're gonna charge me an extra fee outside of my contract agreement you need to do a better job trying to keep me happy!!! Clean the pool, install a working air conditioner, and act like you want to keep me, the customer, happy! Grrrr!!!

1 comment:

  1. That drives me nuts! It's so hard to commit to a gym in Boston, as most of them are grooooss! The ones that are nicer are usually "clubs" a far more expensive. Hope they get their act in gear!

    ReplyDelete