Friday, December 10, 2010

And it's over

Well, the big day has come and gone. I'm now part of the dirty thirty, flirty thirty, or whatever thirty club. The weirdest thing happened, too. I woke up yesterday, my 30th birthday, with wrinkles all over my face! I screamed, naturally, and then realized it was just a dream. Then I really woke up. No changes so far. However, my colleagues at work did say I seemed more considerate when I brought the contents of their mailboxes in to their rooms. Of course, the catalyst for that could have been the beautiful gift basket they presented to me that morning, clad with shower gel, lotion, body splash, sensual aromatic lotion, a red rose bush, and a very racy card. I believe there were also some hand sanitizer wipes and a giant container of Clorox wipes for my, ahem, germophobic tendencies. (Hey, I work around kids all day, and I have to protect myself!) Husband took me out for a delicious dinner at Coppertop, followed by some gift opening. I am now the proud owner of the Eclipse DVD, along with a video documentary about Forks, the real town that inspired the setting for Meyer's saga. How exciting!

Today I spent the day at the Turning Stone Spa. What a delight! I started in the whirlpool and followed that with a 75 minute massage and lavender wrap. I could just feel those toxins running from my body! Eight hours later I am still fully relaxed. Seriously, what a wonderful treat! I cannot wait to go again...I had a nice meal and even made time for some gambling before my departure. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky while gambling, but the people-watching was surreal. I'm always up for that entertainment!

And now I am home. What a fantastic 30th birthday! I feel truly blessed to be a year older. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and I am one happy lady!

Thank you for joining me on this journey. It has been a great deal of fun blogging these past 10 months. I really am sad to write this final entry. It's just so....final! So, instead of abandoning the blog entirely, I've decided what I really need is a new blog. Thus, I am taking suggestions from you. Comment with ideas and/or titles for a new blog! I'll be checking periodically over the next few days, so don't be a stranger :) Send me your ideas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest a title from poetry; a writing friend of mine's blog is "my sweet old etcetera", from an e.e. cummings poem. It's an idea.

    As to content, updates are good, but I've heard/seen you mention something about adventures in France? I'd like to hear about some of those! Stories are always good, fictitious or realistic. Share both sorts!

    ReplyDelete