Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holy Snow!

TWO. MORE. DAYS!

Let's see. It's been snowing steadily since Sunday. When I say "steadily", I mean it hasn't stopped. Non. Stop. Snow. It feels like a blizzard, dumping over two feet of snow. Now, where I come from (downstate New York), that would be considered a snow STORM. But here in upstate New York it's called snow SHOWERS. Did you read that correctly? SHOWERS. My ass.

Snow brings with it a magical feeling. I dream of snow days, and I want to put on a snowsuit, run outside with my snow tube, and find the nearest sledding hill. That's the child in me itching to come out. Instead I wake up to an alarm and force myself to get dressed, shovel a path to my car, dust it off, and head out on the slippery, unplowed road, determined to get to work in one piece. That's the adult in me forced to come out. Funny how life has changed.

Since Sunday I've shoveled (with my husband's help, of course) the deck twice. Each time the snow was over a foot high. Initially I felt bad about missing the gym two days in a row due to a disinterest in driving late on snow covered roads, but no longer! I actually considered creating a workout video called "Shoveling Moves: A Full-Body Workout!. My abs, legs, arms, and back are definitely feeling the burn.

A little while ago I went to put the garbage out at the curb and observed that we've gotten about three more inches since I came home a couple hours ago. As I look out the window I can see the wind is kicking up (the pine tree actually dumped snow on me as we were shoveling the deck and I mistakenly blamed my husband, thinking he had thrown snow at me) and it is blustery!

I do want to go on the record for having predicted this storm long before it even hit weather radar. Over a week ago I mentioned to my husband that historically there has always been a snow storm around my birthday. Mother Nature did not disappoint this year. What would make a lovely gift for my special day this year? A snow day! What a blog entry that would make for the finale of this blog! Fingers crossed, everyone, and we'll see what your intentions will bring :)

SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY!!!


1 comment: