Wednesday, December 8, 2010

On the Eve of a New Era

On the eve of my 30th birthday I...

  • cleaned snow and ice from my car, and shoveled my driveway, front walkway, and side walkway 2 times
  • got my car stuck at the end of my driveway, then had to shovel and dig myself out - using all sorts of 30-year-old expletives!
  • took a long afternoon nap
  • made and ate a pizza
  • and........
  • watched Eclipse, my favorite of the twilight Saga movies
Now that I've had my Edward and Bella fix I can sleep easy, dreaming of all the wonderful blessings tomorrow will bring! (I won't actually be 30 until about 12:45 Thursday afternoon).

Despite the shoveling and time spent out in the bitter cold, I enjoyed the beautiful scenery Mother Nature has provided for my 30th. (But seriously, Lake Ontario, you can turn the snow machine off now. We're approaching four feet here in 95+ hours - more than plenty!)

On the eve of this new era, I'm thinking of all the people that have come into (and out) my life. I'm thankful for every one of them. I have had many blessings in my life, and if there's one thing I've learned this last year before turning thirty, it's that life is precious and shouldn't be wasted. While it's easy to get caught up in the little things that seem big, the good things in life can pass by. So, I am making a promise to myself, to each day honor my family, my God, and the Green Bay Packers. Just kidding, Jimmy Valvano! I vow to focus on the important things in life: God, family, friends, and people in general, because we are what makes the world what it is. Without people, our lives would be meaningless.

Come and get me, 30! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment