Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Really, Nick, REALLY???

When I started this blog back in February (different blog site for those of you newbies - you can still visit those posts at approachingdirtythirty.myblogsite.com) I only promised that I would try to write every day. I never promised that my posts would be intellectual or funny or even entertaining. In fact, a lot of the time you've probably found them to be ranting, childish, silly, and maybe even boring. Whatever, that's all I've got, so deal with it. Or don't. But keep reading, because it might get better. But not tonight!

Tonight we watched Dear John, based on the book by good ole Nicholas Sparks. Yup, that's right, the same guy who wrote The Notebook, one of my most favorite movies. As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm a sucker for a good love story. And throw Nick's name in there and it's guaranteed to be a good one. But Dear John....dear Lord! I'm still in angst over that story. This is a case where I didn't read the book first, because the movie almost never lives up to my experience with the book. But this, this made me want to cry as soon as the letter appeared. I happened to have the book at home (just hadn't read it yet), so I quickly opened it to the last chapter. Turns out the movie ending was WAY better than the book and much less heart wrenching. Come on, Nicholas Sparks, people (me) have come to expect happy endings from you - is that too much to ask????

And take Angelina Jolie out of movies, please. She makes me want to barf. Every single movie is the same - is she a spy or does she kick ass for a living? Hmmmm. (this isn't completely random - I just watched a preview of Salt).

No comments:

Post a Comment