Saturday, July 17, 2010

Voracious

Today was almost completely unproductive. Outside of two loads of laundry, vacuuming, a trip to the farmer's market, and watering the garden and new trees (o.k., that seems more productive when it's in print), I read ALL DAY LONG! I read one entire book and half of another, and I think I found a new favorite author. Her name is Susan Elizabeth Phillips and from the two books I've read of hers I would categorize them as chick lit. They are better than cheesy romance books because the plots are more modern, twisted, and believable, and don't make me wince with embarrassment. Part of me feels like a slug for having spent almost the entire day reading, but before anxiety sets in the other part of me remembers that it's summer which brings with it very little responsibility! So here I sit, hurrying through this blog to get back to my reading. My apologies! Signing off now...

1 comment:

  1. :) good for you. and your list of things you did do sounds very impressive. :) i have been looking for something good to read, sounds like my kind of books, i'm def going to have to write down her name and try to find them the next time i'm out and about. i love to read, just haven't had anything really grab my attention, that and i feel guilty reading for pleasure when i should be reading for school, have a ton of summer work to get done and review and i haven't done any of it yet... :( *blush* guess i should start.

    ReplyDelete