Monday, July 12, 2010

What I came home to

Well, well, well! I returned home yesterday from vacationing in Denver with my mother and brother (who will be stationed in Alaska for the next three years beginning soon) to find that my husband had cleaned the house, done laundry, mulched and landscaped the back yard, and had dinner waiting upon my arrival! He is awesome :) I also found that he had been diligently watering my vegetable garden so that my plants are now HUGE! I spent about an hour today weeding it and picking peas and beans, the earliest in the season I've ever been able to do that. They were deliciously sweet, by the way. There really is nothing like growing, picking, and eating your own veggies! I took some time to water the garden thoroughly, and then of course some clouds blew in and dropped some rain. My husband grilled a four cheese pizza and we coupled it with some Coronas and fresh garden beans and peas. Mmmmm mmmmmm! This was the perfect ending to a hot summer day! Long live summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment