Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wah, wah, wah, SHUT UP!

Why do people like to complain? I spent an hour and a half at a training session this evening for a volunteer program, and almost 40 minutes of that session was taken up by complaints. And tattling. I almost couldn't believe it, and then I remembered that people are crazy, and many of them suck. Most of the complainers were over the age of 65 - I don't know what that means. I said a little prayer tonight that went something like this: Dear God, Please do not ever let me get to a point in my life where I complain about little things like how many points I should get for volunteering long hours, or how I deserve a prize for volunteering the most hours. No, I'm not kidding. That really did happen. More than once. Eventually I tuned out the whiners, but thought to myself, really? Is this the most exciting thing in their lives that they need to complain about it? But I guess I answered my own question. Anyway, note to self and everyone else out there: Remember what our mothers told us - Nobody likes a whiner! (A little side note - I actually have a line between the hallway marble floor and the tile at the entrance to my classroom called the "Whine Line". No whining allowed once you cross into my classroom! Now if only I could figure out a way to make that line portable...)

No comments:

Post a Comment