Sunday, October 3, 2010

Round 2

Last weekend, less than 15 days into the school year, I was down and out with a pretty hefty cold. Things seemed to improve over the course of the week and my spirits were elevated! I hit the gym on Thursday, trying to make up for time lost "recuperating". It was a great workout! Friday promised fun times with friends at our reinstated monthly book club gathering at my house. (We read The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon.) Pizza, root beer floats, and a good discussion....what a great way to end a long week! Plus, I was looking forward to a nice dinner out with my husband on Saturday.


Imagine my surprise and disgust when I woke up Saturday morning with my stomach gurgling and flip-flopping, accompanied by a left-side headache. My initial reaction? WTF? I just got over being sick! I wash my hands regularly, refuse to use student pens and pencils, disinfect my classroom religiously, what is going wrong? I don't usually get sick, and definitely not this often. Something is off. It's not even flu season yet! (Which reminds me, as soon as I am better I am getting a flu shot PRONTO!) So instead of dinner out with my fave, we watched a cheesy romantic comedy (When in Rome). Looks like I'll be doing more of the same today, seeing as conditions have not improved. In between movies I'll be searching the Internet for a bubble suit to wear to work from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment