Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Functional Fashion




I know I've mentioned this before, but it's necessary to note again for this post: I like to dress. I like to look nice. It makes me feel good. I'm pretty good at the clothes part of dressing and the accessories, but the area in which I'm falling short is SHOES! I cannot find cute, trendy fashionable shoes that are also functional! As a teacher, I am on my feet for most of the day, and I'm usually walking (around the classroom, to and from the office, bathroom, and meetings). It just boggles my mind that there are a lack of comfortable shoes that don't also make me look like I'm thirty years older than I am! I have spent countless hours in shoe stores searching for the perfect pair of shoes. Sometimes I've thought I've found them, but when I've actually worn them for an entire day I've been disappointed. Blisters on my heels, sore toes, aching heels! Flats only make the heels of my feet throb, and heels bring great pain to the balls of my feet. My left foot is 1/2 size bigger than my right foot, so that hinders my success rate as well. Now that I think about it, my problems aren't limited to dress shoes. Finding a pair of running/gym sneakers that fit properly is extremely time-consuming and difficult. I've even gone to stores that specialize in fitting people for the correct shoes. Failed. Does anyone else suffer from the same dilemma?

I'm tired of buying shoes and being uncomfortable in them, or worse, depositing them in my closet to pile up because I don't want to get rid of a brand new pair of shoes even if THEY DON'T FIT RIGHT!

Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment