Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mr./Mrs. Universe

I can't believe I am admitting this in a blog, and I'll probably regret doing so later, but I went to a psychic recently and she told me that she saw more education in my future. I'm still paying off student loans from undergrad and grad school, so this was not news I wanted to hear. She must have sensed my displeasure because she followed this up with more information, implying that it didn't look like formal education. So maybe life education, like through experiences? Maybe.

At different times in my life I have felt the universe aligning for me in funny ways. Perhaps this counts as education when the universe teaches me a lesson? (And it's free!) For the past couple years I have been reading a lot about spirituality and the interconnectedness of everyone and everything in the universe. In January I went to a lecture given by Deepak Chopra, in which he outlined the function and importance of meditation, as well as his beliefs that not only are all humans connected to each other, but that our bodies actually change with our environments. Apparently we exchange atoms with people when we shake hands, and also just by being around them (think about this next time you are contemplating going to the NYS fair!). Very interesting.

So my husband and I had a small conversation about this this morning, and then I get to school, flip the page on my Dr. Wayne Dyer desk calendar, and read these words for today: "When you eliminate the concept of separation from your thoughts, you begin to feel your connection to everything and everyone. You'll have a sense of belonging, which enables you to scoff at any thought of being separate." Thank you, Universe! Once again, thank you :) My life teacher....

No comments:

Post a Comment