Friday, September 24, 2010

Let's not share THOSE!

Share, share, that's fair......right? Sometimes. But that's what we teach kids, that it's good to share with others. Except when that sharing extends beyond toys, pencils, loose-leaf, kind words, and snacks to GERMS! Especially when I am the recipient of the sharing. It has been less than 15 days into the new school year and I am already feeling the effects of being sick. I have a scratchy throat, achy bones, and an overwhelming desire to climb into bed and pull the covers over my head. (But instead I am awake watching Forrest Gump for the umpteenth time and sharing my cold with you!).

I have kept my classroom window open to replenish the germy air with fresh, have washed my hands practically raw, have used hand sanitizer when hand-washing wasn't an option, have made sure not to touch my face, and refuse to sign passes with students' writing utensils. And this is the thanks I get! $%^(*&!!!!!!

Let's hope my immune system kicks in and does a better job for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I went to bed at 8 with the same symptoms last night. They were generous with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you getting better now? You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.

    ReplyDelete