Monday, September 13, 2010

Whose life?

Addictions are scary. Watching someone close to you suffer from an addiction is terrifying, especially when they refuse to recognize the effects of their reckless behavior. When pleas to stop, along with multiple shed tears, are ignored, what else is there to do? "It's my life, I can do what I want." True, to an extent. But what happens when the effects from the decisions of that life infringe on the lives of others? It's a selfish argument. I won't buy it. But I'm out of ideas. My heart hurts and my head aches. I thought I could wipe my hands of it and say, "Not my pig, not my farm." But I can't. My heart won't let me. So what now?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that addiction is touching your life in some way. :( Let me know if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete