Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Great New York State Fair!

I just came back from the NYS Fair, which if you've never been, is an experience in itself. There are people form all walks of life there, AND there is a MULLET count board. When I walked past today at about 5 o'clock it read 204 mullets had been sighted. Wowie! I believe it, especially after attending the Lady Antebellum concert there this evening. Today wasn't the most ideal day to visit the fair: the temperature was in the 90s and the sun was blazing hot, Justin Bieber was playing at the Grand Stand, and Lady Antebellum was playing for free at Chevy Court. A triple threat at its finest! There were teeny bopper girls dressed in homemade Justin Bieber "I LOVE YOU" shirts, and one girl even had one that said "The future Mrs. Bieber". Yah, O.K.

We got to the fair at about 4 o'clock, even though the Lady A concert wasn't set to begin until 8, but Chevy Court was already packed to capacity. We walked around, ate some Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, bought a Smart Cart for my Regional Market trips, and jockeyed for a spot. The closest we could get was the very back and we stood the entire time. Of course, everyone around us was a smoker and naturally blew the smoke in our direction. Fun times! The concert was good, although I only recognized a few of their songs. It seemed like they sang a a few songs by other artists, especially Tom Petty ("Free Falling"). That was interesting and unexpected. I still had fun! Our feet started to really hurt and my second hand smoke tolerance level was dropping rapidly, so we headed for the exit in an attempt to beat the crowds to the shuttle buses. Now it's time for bed!

I'll pick up with more Hawaii stuff tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment