Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Over and Done

Well, today was the first day back to school for teachers and students here in upstate New York. All in all, I would say it was one of the best first days I've experienced. Things were chaotic and seemingly disorganized, but ironically things flowed smoothly. I am optimistic about this year!

Normally, I am so exhausted at the end of the first day that all I can think about is going home and putting my feet up. Today I found myself tired at the end of the day, but not exhausted. My feet and legs hurt from standing for so many hours, but for once I found the necessary energy to hoof it (well, drive it) to the gym and work out. I did my cardio workout on the bicycle, though, for fear that my legs might actually turn to jelly and give out on me. After my workout I raced home for some leftover lasagna and then went for a fifteen minute walk. I followed this with some quality garden watering time and some games in the yard with Moe. NOW I'm exhausted! Good night's sleep, here I come!....so I can do this all over again tomorrow. Lather, rinse, repeat. Gosh it's hard to get back into a routine after being so free for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment