Thursday, November 11, 2010

Success

I have to admit that lately I've been very interested in spirituality. Maybe it started a couple years ago when I read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Her exploration of three different countries and cultures helped to heal her soul and put meaning back into her life. I just finished listening to an audio book of Deepak Chopra's called The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. I love Deepak, I really do. I've read a few of his books and thoroughly enjoyed them, but they were challenging to get through. Deepak doesn't fluff his writing. Every single sentence is meaningful, thus making it impossible to read quickly or leisurely. Mostly, I find myself reading and re-reading specific sentences and paragraphs. When listening to this audio book I was constantly rewinding so that I could receive the full impact of his messages. It turns out there is also a DVD version of the book. I watched that, too. His book promotes positive thinking and living, and the 7 laws are simple. Check out the extremely condensed summary of each law, along with suggestions for daily practice HERE. I absolutely believe the world would be a better place if more people read books with messages like those that Deepak conveys.

Practice silencing your mind. Wish people well when you come into contact with them. Don't be hasty in actions: think of the potential consequences beforehand and focus on bringing good things into people's lives. Accept things as they are (within reason, of course). Ask yourself: What do I desire? Don't force things. Find your unique talent and use it to serve humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment