Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Tis the season

'Tis the season for peace, joy, love, and crazed shopping!

Well, the day after Thanksgiving traditionally marks the beginning of the holiday season here in America. Store decorations are up, sales are abundant, people are skittering every which way looking for the perfect gifts for their precious ones, and Christmas music plays on the radio. Hanukkah begins the first week of December, with Christmas soon to follow.

Usually the holiday season raises my spirits and adds an extra spring to my step. Not this year, though. I am not feeling Christmas-y. It's unfortunate, really, because I look forward to this season all year long. I guess I'm in a rut. Maybe things will turn around?

With that said, I'm hardly getting any shopping done because I'm not in the right mood. Anyone who normally gets a gift from me at Christmas, including my family, may feel gypped this year. I'm hoping my advance apology will grant me pardon!

Enjoy the season...

No comments:

Post a Comment