Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wegmans

I have to say it. I love Wegmans. LOVE L.O.V.E LOOOOOOVE Wegmans. It is the greatest supermarket in the world (I'm guessing on that one, but it seems like it has to be). If you've never been to Wegman's, you are truly missing out. Did you not hear Alec Baldwin during his stint on "The Late Show"? His mother refuses to move closer to him because she'll miss Wegman's. Now if that doesn't speak volumes about Wegman's, I don't know what will. Bottom line: it is the be-all-end-all of supermarkets. When my parents come to visit, my dad spends no less than two hours shopping there, filling the car with bags of amazing things. It is superior.



There is one thing that drives me crazy about Wegman's, though. The people. Earlier this week I referenced those with no spatial awareness. Tonight I'll focus on the cart leavers. That's right. The people who can't walk ten feet to the nearest cart return. Instead, they leave it next to their car and drive off, or they push it away from their car and drive off, leaving the cart to smash into some innocent shopper's car. We all know that's rude, but how LAZY is that? The cart returns are strategically placed in the parking lot, making it more than easy to walk the cart and leave it there for the cart crew to pick up. Maybe I am especially annoyed by this because my car was once hit by one of these "runaway" carts and dented to such a degree that my front door would not open. If I ever personally witness someone doing this in the parking lot, you can bet money that I will confront that person about their rude and lazy attitude and it will NOT be pretty. Very little irritates me MORE than people being inconsiderate due to laziness. It was almost 70 degrees today. It's not even snowing. There is no excuse. Return the cart!

It is such a widespread problem, in fact, that there is a support ribbon for it! (See a previous post on Support Ribbons )

No comments:

Post a Comment